Skip to main content

Requesting Public Records

Please note that our district offices and schools are closed for business on most federal and state holidays. Also, our schools are closed for business during breaks such as winter break, February break, spring break and summer break. For the 2023-2024 school year, these dates are: Winter Break-December 18, 2023 through January 1, 2024; Mid-Winter Break-February 19-23, 2024; Spring Break-April 8-12, 2014; and Summer Break-approximately June 28 through August 20, 2024. During these breaks, in order to ensure your request is received and processed, please use the Public Records email address noted below to make your request.

Mukilteo School District affords the public full access to information concerning the administration and operations of the district, as provided by the state’s Public Disclosure Law. Local practice is outlined in the procedure for Board Policy 4340.

For the most timely and efficient response, requests for school district records should be directed in writing to the Public Records Officer listed below, whose responsibilities include serving as a point of contact for members of the public in this process and overseeing the District's compliance with the Washington Public Records Act, RCW 42.56, and Board Policy 4340.

The district's Public Records Officer may be reached at the District Office as follows:
Patty Dowd, Assistant Superintendent for Business, Human Resources and Technology
9401 Sharon Drive, Everett, WA 98204
Phone:  (425) 356-1319
Fax:      (425) 356-1333

If you submitted a request and have not yet received a response, please follow-up with a telephone call to (425) 356-1319 for assistance. Thank you.



Student records may also be requested as follows:

Student Records
Parents and guardians may obtain their student’s records by contacting their child’s school. Contact information for each school is available via the schools directory webpage.

Special Education Records (IEP/504)
To obtain student-specific special education records, please contact the Special Services Department. Please make special education records requests via telephone at 425.356.1277 or by email to

Transcripts/Diplomas/Graduation Verification
If you are a former student requesting your transcript, diploma, graduation verification or academic history, you may make your request through our partner, Parchment. Additional information about requests is available on the district’s website at Transcript Requests.

All Subpoenas and legal documents, including those requesting student records, should be directed to the Business Office at 425.356.6645 or by email to